Have you ever read a Google review that left you feeling inspired to try out a new restaurant, visit a tourist attraction, or use a local service provider?
On the other hand, have you ever come across a review that made you cringe with its negativity and lack of detail?
Believe it or not, Google reviews can have a similar impact on others who are seeking recommendations and advice. And if you are a business owner, you want to send out a message to your customers on How To Leave a Google Review that makes a difference, we are here to help you.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the art of writing a Google review that truly makes a difference. Whether you’re a business owner looking to boost your online reputation or a consumer hoping to share your experiences with others, read on to discover our top tips for crafting a review that stands out from the crowd. This blog is the guide you can use to educate your audience on how to do anything related to Google Reviews.
Understanding Google Review and Its Basic Features
Before you ask your customers about how to leave a Google review for your business, you need to tell them all the features of Google Reviews. This will help them understand how they can utilize Google reviews to voice their opinion.
It is not a secret anymore that Google reviews are vital for shaping consumer perceptions. As per the report by Good Reviews, When higher-priced items display reviews, the conversion rate increases by 380%.
Google reviews are the next frontier in the industry. Therefore, every review counts. Take a look at the features of Google Reviews.
- The users can easily rate the products and services on Google reviews out of 5 stars.
- Users can provide detailed explanations of their experiences and add multimedia to their reviews. This helps the customers to express themselves more.
- A concise headline allows users to summarize their experience and catch the attention of potential readers.
- Businesses have the option to reply to Google reviews publicly.
As a business owner, you should be aware that Google reviews can be a game changer for your business. Google reviews can shape the reputation of your business. Therefore, you must be aware of all the important pointers about Google reviews. Skim through the information you should be aware of in Google Reviews.
Features To Know About Google Reviews
- Please note that when customers leave reviews on Google, their names and profile pictures will be displayed.
- It is not possible to submit anonymous reviews. If you do not want your name to be displayed, you can change your name on your Google account. Before leaving a review, you need to have a Google account.
- Businesses can’t delete Google reviews, but they can report fake reviews. While leaving a review, it is important to ensure that it complies with Google’s policies.
- The reviews left by customers on Google will appear across various platforms, including Google Maps, Google Search, and third-party sites and apps that use Google’s review widget.
How To Leave A Google Reviews For A Business?
Well, let us start with the basics. There are two different ways customers can leave a Google review. The first one is to write Google reviews through a web browser. And another one is through Google Maps. Take a look at these ways one by one.
1. How To Leave A Google Review On Web Browser?
If you want to write a review for a business on Google, you can do so from your browser or the Google Maps app on your phone. Here are the steps to follow:
- To write a review from your browser, first log into your Google account and search for the business you want to review.
- Once you find it, look for the reviews area, which is located next to the star rating in your search results or under the establishment’s name in the sidebar in Google Search.
- Click on the blue font that says “WRITE A REVIEW”. On the next page, rate the business from 1 to 5 stars (the higher the number, the better the experience), write about your experience, and click “POST” when you’re done.
2. How To Leave A Google Review On Google Maps?
- To write a review from the Google Maps app on your phone, search for the business and click on the banner at the bottom of the map that appears in your search results.
- Scroll down to the reviews section, where you’ll see five unpopulated stars with your profile picture above them.
- Click on the number of stars you want to give the business and write about your experience. Finally, click “POST” to leave the review.
Writing a review is a simple process that can be done by anyone, and it becomes even easier when you use automated software. Now that you know how to leave a Google review, let us take a glance at how customers can edit a Google review.
3. How To Edit A Google Review?
If your customers ever want to edit a review that they have written on Google Maps or Chrome, you can easily educate them to follow the steps.
- Click on the menu icon located in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “Contributions” and scroll down to find the review you want to edit.
- Click on the “three vertical dots” located next to the review.
- Select “Edit review“.
- Make the necessary changes to your review and click “Post” to save your changes.
It’s quite common for customers to edit their Google reviews. Often customers change their opinions about the brands and business when they resolve their issues.
4. How To Delete A Google Review?
If you have submitted a review on Google, you have the option to delete it. However, the actual owner of the business listing cannot remove reviews. If the review is fake, they can report it as inappropriate, and Google’s team will decide whether or not to delete it.
To delete your review on Google Maps, follow these steps:
- Click on the “menu” icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Contributions‘ and scroll down to find the review you want to delete.
- Click on the “three dots” next to the review.
- Choose ‘Delete review‘ from the options presented to you.
Reasons Why A Business Needs Google Reviews?
Google Reviews are essential for businesses in numerous ways, contributing to their online reputation, customer engagement, and overall success. Here are several compelling reasons why a business needs Google Reviews:
1. Builds Credibility
One of the main reasons businesses need Google reviews is that they boost brand identity. Positive reviews example make the brand look good. Positive reviews build trust among potential customers. They provide social proof that others have had satisfactory experiences with the business.
2. Influences Consumer Decisions
According to Bright Local’s survey, 92% of the people surveyed would always read online reviews to check a local business before making a buying decision. So it is evident that many consumers rely on reviews to make informed decisions. Positive reviews serve as a powerful marketing tool. They influence potential customers to choose your business. This increases the likelihood of conversion.
3. Enhances Online Visibility
Google Reviews contributes to search engine optimization (SEO). Customers mention keywords in Google reviews. These help the search engine understand the business better. This results in a higher ranking. They also increase their online visibility.
4. Increases Click-Through Rates
Users searching for products or services are more likely to click on a business with positive reviews. This leads to increased website traffic and potential conversions.
5. Differentiates from Competitors
Having more and more Google reviews for your business helps you stand out. A business with more positive reviews can stand out from competitors. It showcases the business’s commitment to customer satisfaction and quality.
Creative Ways You Can Use Google Reviews For Your Business
If anybody says Google Reviews has limited possibilities, they have not used it well. We have jotted down some of the best ways you can use Google reviews for your business.
a). Use Negative Reviews To Improve The Product and Services
We understand that negative reviews feel like a punch in the stomach for a business owner. However, business owners can always churn on such opportunities and use these negative Google reviews to improve their products and services. This helps them to create tailored products that get maximum acceptance from the target customers.
b). Embed A Google Review Widget On The Website
One of the best ways to utilize Google reviews is to embed Google reviews on a website. This has many advantages than one can imagine. First, a Google review widget creates a positive impression on the website visitors and influences them to make a purchase. This also helps the business owners enhance the overall engagement on their website. You can use any review aggregator tool to embed the Google review widget.
c). Use Google Reviews To Advertise On Social Media
One effective way to leverage Google reviews is to use them in your Social media ads. As a business owner, you can take screenshots of these Google reviews and showcase them as your social media ad campaigns. This will work as social proof for your business.
The Final Note
In conclusion, Google reviews can make or break a business in today’s digital age. Both consumers and business owners need to understand the features of Google reviews and how to write a review that truly makes a difference.
By following our tips and guidelines, you can write a review that not only helps others make informed decisions but also boosts the reputation of a business. We have covered all the topics, from how to leave a Google review to how to delete them.
So, next time you have a positive experience with a local business or an unpleasant one, take a few minutes to write a Google review and share your experience with the world.
Embed social feed from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter on your website, like a PRO