“We all love social media and therefore the diameter of its usage has increased over the years. One of the easiest ways to leverage social media feeds is by embedding them on your site to add a lot more value to it. But it can be a bit tricky, therefore we have curated this guide explaining the step-by-step process of embedding social media feeds for free on your website.“
In this blog, you will also find the benefits of doing it. So, any further wait let’s get started!
Embed Social Media Feeds On Website with the Help of Tagembed Widget
Steps To Add Social Media Feeds
1. Sign-up to create a Tagembed account. Here you’ll be redirected to the Tagembed dashboard.
2. See at the top right corner of your screen and find the “+Create Widget” option.
3. Now a dialog box will appear with the name “Create Widget” with the following checkboxes:
- Widget Name – Pick a unique name of your choice for your widget.
- URL- You will find a URL displaying the name that you have chosen for your widget.
- Profanity Filter- This option will allow you to eliminate the irrelevant posts before the content is aggregated from various social media platforms.
4. In this step, you need to click the CREATE WIDGET button. Here again, a popup will appear displaying the “Pick a source” option.
5. Now pick the required social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. so that you can aggregate the feeds.
(Please Note: There are no limitations to create more than a single feed from multiple sources.)
As soon as you are done with the aforementioned steps, you can move forward with the next things in the process.
Generate Code To Embed Social Media Feed From Tagembed
As you already know that Tagembed is compatible with multiple website building platforms like HTML, Shopify, WordPress, Weebly, and more.
So you need to get an embed code before embedding a stream of social media feeds for free on any of these website builders.
And the best part is, the steps to generate this code are the same for all of them, so let me walk you through some easy steps!
1. Open Tagembed Widget editor and click on the “Embed Widget” button.
2. Then select the website building platform of your choice.
3. Now as per your widget’s requirements set its width and height from ‘Auto’ and ‘Fixed’.
4. Click on Get Code.
5. Lastly, Copy the generated code for the website.
How to Embed Social Media Feeds on Website Building Platforms?
Once you generate the embed code, you can begin with embedding your social media stream on the following website building platforms.
#1 Embed feed On HTML Website
1. Login to your HTML website where you want to add social media feeds
2. Paste the generated embed code and save it.
3. You have successfully embedded social media feed on your website.
#2 Embed social media feed on WordPress Website
This free and open-source content management system has empowered businesses of all sizes by helping them to create a robust website.
To embed the social media feeds on WordPress you need to follow a few steps:
1. Start with navigating to the web page where you want to embed the social media feeds on your WordPress website.
2. Now look for a Visual and Text Option, that you will find on the right-hand side.
3. Here, choose the Text mode. Then paste the Embed Code where you want your social media feed to be displayed.
4. In this last step, you need to click on Update to save the changes.
#3 Add feeds on Wix Website
As of June 2020, Wix claims to have more than 180 million registered users that also across 190 countries around the world.
Here are a few simple steps that will help you out with embedding social media feeds on your website.
1. Add an element by clicking on the plus button (+) that you’ll find on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Now choose More options which are at the bottom of the menu.
3. Then select HTML iframe from the Embeds.
4. Click the Enter Code on the newly created element.
5. Paste the HTML code of Tagembed in the code field.
6. In the end, click Apply to save the changes.
#3 Embed feeds on Shopify Website
Popular as one of the best eCommerce platforms, ‘Shopify’ helps brands to sell on Facebook, online or in-person.
With over 600,000 merchants on this platform, you can also grow your eCommerce business by customizing this website building platform.
Follow these steps to embed social media feeds on Shopify website:
1. Begin with login your Shopify account.
2. Now under the Sales Channels section click on Online Store.
3. Then in the sidebar, you will find the theme from the drop-down list.
4. In the current theme, you will find Action Button. Click on it
5. Choose Edit code from the drop-down list.
6. Select the web page where you want to display your Social Media Feed.
7. End the steps by pasting the embed code and save it.
#4 Jimdo Website
Not so popular AI-powered website-builder- “Jimdo” still has created over 20 million websites in the past 10 years.
1. Select the webpage where you want to display your social media feed.
2. Now click on the Add Element button.
3. Now click on More elements.
4. Choose Widget/HTML.
5. Paste your social feed code into the code field.
6. End up by clicking on Save Button.
#5 Embed social feed with Weebly Website
As a free website builder, Weebly has been leveraged by more than 40 million entrepreneurs to grow their eCommerce business.
Also, simple drag and drop elements make it quite easy to use as they let you embed a social media feed wherever you want.
Here are the steps you need to follow for embedding social media feeds on your Weebly website.
1. In the menu, find the Embed Code element on the left-hand side of your screen.
2. Now drag and drop it where you want to see the social media feeds.
3. Click on the HTML box and choose Edit Custom HTML.
4. Then paste the HTML code to embed feeds on Weebly Website.
5. Click on Save to apply the changes.
#6 Squarespace Website
Since its launch, Squarespace has created millions of websites to help brands build themselves, share their stories, and communicate with their customers.
If you want to create an impactful online presence by embedding your social media feeds on the Squarespace website, then follow the below-mentioned steps!
1. Use Embed Blocks to add your embed code on web pages and extra content to your website.
2. Now open a page or post editor and click “Add Block” to embed social media feeds.
3. Now select Embed from the menu. You can then click the </> icon in the URL field.
4. Now paste your embed code on that box.
5. End the process by clicking on ‘Set’ to save changes.
Also read – How to embed Instagram feed on Website
Benefits that Comes with Embedding Social Media Feeds on Website
Now we have talked about how to embed a stream of social media feeds on various website building platforms, it’s time to enlighten you all with the benefits of doing this.
- Brings Your Various Social Media Under One Roof
This is one of the greatest features of embedding social media feeds on your websites i.e. it lets you showcase various feeds together under one roof.
And this happens with the help of a social media aggregator tool like ‘Tagembed’, which allows you to monitor & manage all your social media platforms at the same time.
- Let You Build Social Trust & Loyalty
Social media feeds are simply user-generated content that is said to be the most trustworthy form of content. And when it is embedded on your website, you showcase social proof for your brand.
This way you can generate trust amongst your potential customers and therefore make them more loyal toward your brand.
- Reduces Site’s Bounce Rate
The duration of the visitors staying on your website makes a lot of difference on your website.
Once you embed fresh, dynamic & vibrant content on your website in the form of social media feeds, you automatically reduce the bounce rate effectively.
If simply put, the longer visitors will stay on your site, the better results it will show. So, don’t let the audience go off-page as it will harm your site performance significantly.
- Encourage Audience
People are going gaga over social media, that’s why embedding social media feeds on your website will inspire your audience to engage more with your site.
- Boosts Conversion Rates
Incorporating social media content brings the point of inspiration and point of sales under one roof.
Therefore, user-generated content encourages your site visitors to convert into your customers by letting them make a quick purchase decision.
Displaying social media feeds aka user-generated content help you speed up your online business in a positive direction.