Instagram Statistic and Facts You Need to Know in 2023
With more than 74 million likes, Lionel Messi’s Instagram Feed with the FIFA World Cup trophy is now the most liked post across all social media platforms. Apparently, Cristiano Ronaldo, with over 500 million followers on Instagram, is the most-followed individual on the social media platform. And hence, it goes without saying that Instagram is now at the pinnacle of popularity.
Started as a merely photo-sharing app, getting its name from the portmanteau of “instant camera” and “telegram,” it now stands as one of the prominent social media platforms. A platform that not only helps individuals to connect with people worldwide but also helps brands to increase their reach beyond local boundaries.
Instagram has become such a big deal that users often consider it a source of authority and information. Moreover, for many, it has now become an integral part of their daily routine.
And while planning your marketing strategy for business, you can afford to ignore Instagram., Knowing the latest facts and stats about Instagram can help you boost your results to the next level.
It can be challenging to list down exactly the right details all in one place, but still, we have managed to compile the most valuable and trusted Instagram statistic all in one place for you. So without further ado, let’s dive into it.
Some of The Key Instagram Statistics For 2023
Instagram Statistic As Per Engagement
1. According to CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Instagram has more than 2 billion monthly active users. (Source: Meta Q3 Reports)
It makes Instagram a top-rated social media platform; hence it can help you get brand recognition.
2. On average, Instagram users spend 17.3 hours on Instagram per month. (Source: Datareportal)
It helps your brand get users’ attention and provides enough opportunities to make an impact, which can eventually leave an everlasting impression.
3. Instagram is a like a gold mine for businesses, as 81% of people use Instagram for research on brands, products, and services. (Source: Meta)
The average organic reach rate on Instagram is 15.69% and has been increasing over time. (Source: Social Status)
It won’t be wrong to say that Instagram plays a key role in for brand to reach their customers. Many customers often use the platform to discover trends, research products before buying or even tune into the platform to learn about existing customers’ experiences.
4. IG Stats also show that 50% of people have visited a website to purchase after they saw a product/service on the app. (Source: Instagram)
The introduction of the stories feature has revolutionized the platform; it is handy to use and is known for providing great help to businesses. For example, businesses can promote their products using stories and divert their audiences to the website.
5. The average engagement rate of an Instagram business account with less than 10,000 followers is 0.76%; 0.63% for a business account with 10,000 to 100,000 followers and 0.49% with more than 100,000 followers. (Source: Hootsuite)
So even if your brands into the initial phases of using the platforms, you can still reap the benefits of the platforms and develop brand recognition.
6. According to Instagram, 90% of people on Instagram follow at least one business account. (Instagram)
And hence Instagram can be a great platform for your business to flourish and gain good brand recognition.
7. 2 of 3 people said that Instagram enables them to interact with the brand. (Source: Instagram)
For customers, interacting with brands makes them feel valued and, at the same time, helps them develop a better customer-brand relationship.
8. Posting regularly and with consistently provides a 50% bigger engagement rate. (Source: Tailwind)
Consistency is the key; with a better engagement rate, you can get more views and stay fresh in the minds of the audience
9. 79% of Instagram users click on the ads to read more about the product or brand. (Source: Facebook)
People are usually curious about new products/brands & want to learn more about them. And this stat shows how important it is for brands and marketers to use Instagram ads.
Instagram Statistic As Per Demographics
1. The male and female ratio is kind of evenly poised as Instagram consists of 52.4% of male users and 47.6% female users (Source: Statista)
2. Instagram consists of users from various age groups. The percentage of users from 18-24 years tops the list with 30.6% of total users. Just below them are users from 25-34 years of age, with 30.4% of total users (Source: Hootsuite)
3. India has the most Instagram users, consisting of 230.25 million users. (Source: Statista)
4. 18.1% of all the people on Earth use Instagram (Source: Statusbrew)
Instagram Statistic As Per Technology
1. Instagram Mobile App User Count Ranks 4th
It is mainly because Instagram is accessed primarily through mobile. Hence, one should consider this a more significant statistic than website visits or Google searches. And, in simple words, in terms of mobile app use, Instagram is the 4th most-used mobile app.
A fun fact related to these stats is Instagram rankers higher than YouTube, even though YouTube has more monthly active users. It is important to take note of this fact because it means that businesses have more chances to capture the audience from Instagram compared to YouTube.
2. Instagram comes in at number 9 for the most popular Google search queries, according to Instagram.
It is, in fact, an amazing feat for this social media giant. Generic words like weather and translate are on the list and secure top spots, but with them, keywords like Facebook and YouTube also take the top spot. It shows the internet is curious and very dedicated to using social media, and Instagram is among them.
Also, keeping in mind that Instagram is generally accessed through the app and not a website, appearing in the top 10 Google search queries is rather remarkable.
3. Instagram Website in the Top 10 Most Visited Websites
Taking into deep dive into the topic covered in the previous pointer, Instagram is also the 6th most visited website. It is also impressive for this social media platform considering that the primary platform for Instagram access is the mobile app.
Also, the interface of Instagram on the web is different. Instagram has done that to make the user experience a bit more friendly. They have worked tremendously well on their website. For instance, they’ve expanded some features to their desktop version that weren’t there previously, like viewing and replying to direct messages, seeing who liked your photos or replying to comments.
4. #Love is the Most-Used Instagram Hashtag (Source: Hootsuite)
#love (1.835B) stands as the most popular among the most popular and used hashtags.
Other popular Instagram hashtags include #instagood (1.150B), #fashion (812M), #photooftheday (797.3M), and #beautiful (661M).
Hashtags help you reach your target audience and also help the post to reach larger audiences.
5. Instagram users share over one million memes daily (Source: Scholastic)
Memes are now only a source of entertainment and an essential part of social media marketing. Many brands’ marketing campaigns even revolve around meme marketing. And with such high sharing numbers, you can consider using memes for your reach on the platform.
6. Around 500 Million People Use Instagram Stories Daily. (Source: Instagram)
If you haven’t; put any energy or effort into Instagram stories, you are missing out on a huge opportunity, and it is the right time to use it now.
Instagram stories are immensely meaningful for brands and businesses to get more followers and views on Instagram. The profile looks somewhat incomplete without it. Every time you use Instagram stories, a colored ring appears around the profile picture, and it is more likely users would like to check it out.
Also, Instagram stories appear at the top of the feed. Hence it is more likely that your followers would be viewing them.
7. The brand Story Completion Rate is Almost 90%.
Instagram stories have been pretty consistent since 2019, but when a viewer checks out a brand’s Instagram story, 86% are completed and viewed. In 2019 it was 85%.
8. Entertainment account stories experienced a great increase in their completion rate. It rose from 81% to 88%.
9. The highest achiever in the category is – Sports. It has 90% completion.
10. Instagram Stories Make Up a Quarter of all IG Content
Instagram is the hub of various content that gets many views and engagement. And out of them, 25% consists of Instagram stories. So it is the right time to tap into this feature and reap the benefits.
11. 15%-25% of Users do “Swipe Up.”
The swipe-up feature provides a great help to convert social media traffic into website traffic. With swipe up, one can easily link their website or other URL with their Instagram stories. This update has been a great help even to businesses in establishing their online presence.
Although swipe-up isn’t available to all accounts, even for all those accounts who have it, 15-25% of users are likely to use the feature and swipe up to see more. The swipe-up feature becomes available to Instagram business profiles after reaching a minimum follower count of 10,000.
12. 91% of Instagram users watch videos on the platform weekly. (Source: Instagram)
Instagram Reels has been an enormous hit. People often tune into this social media platform to check the reels. We all know that Instagram has a huge user base, and out of them, 91% of users watch videos on the platform weekly.
It provides a great opportunity for businesses to reach more audiences and make an everlasting impact.
The most popular Instagram reel has over 289 million views. (Pathofex)
According to CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Instagram has more than 2 billion monthly active users. (Source: Meta Q3 Reports)
Embed social feed from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter on your website, like a PRO
Embed social feed from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter on your website, like a PRO